Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Last Leaves of Fall


























































































































































We've tried to hang on to the warm temps as long as we could like the final leaves on the tips of the branches on the trees. Yet, we fight in vain against the chilly winds teasing that snowflakes are soon arriving.

I have a pretty adorable new Beulah hat that has graced a few outdoor October days. Mittens made an appearance one afternoon too.

I will dutifully mentally hold onto these images of leaves and their bright natural life long after the breeze has stripped them out of their wooded mother's fingers. Bring it on winter, I know what to expect. My winter gear is out and ready for your worst (but please, do be kind).

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to actually GET Fall. Here in south Texas we get Summer and then, suddenly, it's VERY cold. There is no in between for us, unfortunately. I love the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, we had another good warm day yesterday and made it to the Big Lake...any excuse to go is fine by me, I find lots of driftwood treasures to take home while my boy and husband dip their toes in the water.

    ReplyDelete