Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm not Sure the Beach Should Smell like a Port 'o Potty























I won't go into detail about the smell and I definitely won't share Mike's possible logical explanation (the theory would gross you out a bit), but it did smell strangely like sewage and chemicals at this off the road drive-up beach access.

How I long for every day to be a Bayfield Friday, but those silly gas prices and this whole "having to work to financially survive thing" really breaks into those excursions. If you were in and around our great state of Michigan this weekend and didn't take full advantage of the warm temps and mostly sunny days, then maybe you really do have a strong affection for snow and cold. As for me and my crew, we headed to Bayfield on Friday. Temps. around 60 and sun, sun, sun, sun made a great, true spring day. We stopped at Mike's favorite coffee shop, Big Water, and I had a peach blossom white tea and split a Chocolate Lavender scone with Cindy. Awesome and Fabulous at the same time. A few new books from the bookstore, a new Lole hat, a pocket full of jelly bellys, and a 1/2 hour at the playground is a great day, especially after you leave the mystery smell beach.

1 comment:

  1. oh, btw...said hat on Bit's head is now mia...if you are in Bayfield at the playground anytime soon, peek under the park benches and let me know if you find it...thanks!

    ReplyDelete