Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sometimes, two steps back gets you back on the right foot


































































































































































Although my next paycheck may be a little slimmer than I normally expect, getting the day off and using it to go to the Big Lake was well worth it.




I was having a hard time finding any lake glass, something I usually brag about with my keen eyes and hound skills. I blamed it on the sun at my back, I blamed it on the calm waves, having walked a great stretched with nothing to show for it, I decided to try my search again as I headed back. Stopping before really, truly starting (again), I thought, "maybe walk a couple feet more and then begin," and what did I find? -lake glass; and what would I continue to find?- lake glass. After all was said and done, I ended up with a wet sock and shoe, and sand in between the cuff of my sock and ankle skin...a free exfoliant courtesy of a rogue wave.











1 comment:

  1. Pictures look awesome Amy! This time of year is tough to photograph, everything is still kinda dead and gray. You did a nice job though!

    ReplyDelete