Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It Feels Better than Summer

The last couple days have been fabulous weather in the U.P. Temps in the 60s and a very gentle breeze by our little lake. I am proud to announce: hanging laundry on the line outside can now resume. Clothes are a little stiff, but you can't beat that fresh scent of trees and new grass growth. Bits and I weeded one of the little flower beds. He had a great time drowning a few flowers with his watering can.

Today, we headed to the park, kicked around "Finding Nemo Ball" in the back yard, chalked a "Hi" to Daddy on the cement walk and chased bubbles. After that excitement, we took the long way, meaning by foot, to the post office and hit up the gas station for ice cream on our way back home. I bought him his first Orange Push-Up, bringing fond memories to me of old days at my Grandma H.'s and the Push-Ups she had in the freezer chest. Yes, Bits was super sticky and his clothes now need to be spot treated, but I had turned the valve to the outdoor faucet on yesterday, and nothing cleans sticky off better than cold hose water.

1 comment: