Saturday, August 21, 2010

Three Lighthouses in One Area...Who'd of Thought














































































































































































This is a different Presque Isle than the one I frequently blog about. This is not the state park in the U.P. but rather a harbor near Roger City in the eastern northern lower peninsula. They have three lighthouses there. The Old Presque Isle Lighthouse, the New Presque Isle Lighthouse, and The Range Light. There's a state harbor/marina and water that is so green-blue it looks Caribbean (although, I'm entirely assuming that, being I've never actually been to the Caribbean). What a lovely place to find with no major indicators along the highway except a sign that reads "P.I. Lighthouse Park" with an arrow.

Oh, and according to Bits, lighthouses are "too heavy to lift", in case you were wondering.



















1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to visit 40 Mile Point? My daughter and her husband used to live there. He was caretaker for quite a few years. I was very sad when they moved a couple years ago. They are still in the Roger City Area. I still stop at the lighthouse every trip up there. It is a dream of mine to live in one. I feel very blessed that we were able to stay as often as we did in one. We have also visited Presque Isle. Quite interesting. You are right the water is very Carribean looking. But I'll take Lake Huron over it any day.

    ReplyDelete