Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What Lake?...Lake Gogebic






































































































































We went on a forcible vacation. Mike and I really did not think we had the time to go away from our two house endeavor for a week of relaxing, but his parents had rented a cabin on Lake Gogebic and insisted that we take some time off from our to-do list. We had a great time grilling, trips on the lake via Bop's boat, swimming, and catching no fish (although, I'm sure the time may have been a tad bit nicer if fish had been caught).


We stayed at the Lake Gogebic Lodge. I can say that their Fish Fry is fabulous and their lake view is gorgeous. I got a couple of energy drinks on tap at the bar (on tap I think means powdered mix with seltzer water, but effective nonetheless). It was a good week and we managed to squeeze in a couple work days at our new house within the week too. We were left with many, many mosquito bites as memories of the week at Lake Gogebic (let's just not talk about the big puddle in the grass we all noticed when we left).

1 comment:

  1. I remember this lake from being a kid, except what sticks in my head was how far out I could walk...is it really shallow far out as I remember or am I thinking of somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete