Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Rainy Day -Surprise!

I'm just gonna let ya down easy...no pictures today...sorry! But, I'll try my best to give you a verbal description of the views from yesterday, and we'll see if my college education has paid off.

It was rainy yesterday, not the downpour, stay inside and pout type of rain or even the spitting, why can't you make up your mind type of rain; it was a nice trickle. Outside reminded me of a kitchen towel that was used to dry all the dishes and was soaked to the point of needing a new towel in order to dry that last glass; not like the towel that you used to sop up the spilled oj on the coffee table and had to run it, dripping, to the sink.

Bits and I had a couple more errands to run and after driving here and there looking for a shipping box, ending up with one that worked, although not quite right, drove past the lake and this is what I saw:

The sky was that wonderful hazy blue gray,more gray than blue, with the slightest touch of green to it. The magenta red brush weeds that I love so much, looked purple and the left over dry grasses were matted down around them with a nice wet, yellow ochre color. I think what made the hues so memorable yesterday was similar to the effect Lake Superior waters have on the beach stones, when wet, the colors really pop.

After Mike got home for the day, I had to run my crazy big o' box to the post office. Upon arriving and trying to manuver Babes and my silliness, I slammed the edge of the box in the tailgate door, and then paid way too much mullah for shipping (stupid-no UPS store in the U.P.-only USPS-arrgh!). I enjoyed my short drive back home and made one more observance:

On these light rainy days, the rain hits the water surface on Sunday Lake with a pattern very similar to the shapes found along a foot-printed beach, random manipulated ovals with dips and peaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment