Sunday, November 1, 2009

Introducing My Newest Endeavor











Here's my newest use of driftwood.

I have used frames and burlap material found at thrift stores and re-purposed them into canvases. I used driftwood pieces and painted them in blues inspired by different day trips to Lake Superior. I'm opening my eyes to all the different hues of color that can be found naturally and re-explaining them using paint. The pieces of wood are attached to the burlap with roots from weeds growing into the sand. In order to find a substantial amount of roots you have to pull on a grouping and follow it as it grows under the sand then snap it at some point when you can't pull out any new length from below the sand.

These pieces use my basic color palette of blues that I frequently use in my photo-representational paintings. There is nothing brighter and more calming than a range of blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment