Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Smashing Pumpkins and Long Underwear







My Grandma G. called me out on not keeping up with my (almost) daily posts. I'm not sick or anything excuse worthy; I'm just really boring. I've been working on a super secret mission that I can't wait to share with y'all, but you'll have to remain in suspense on the edge of your computer chairs until after I share the surprise with the intended recipient.

The weather forecast gave us "abundant sun" the last few days. Bits and I took a walk into town on Monday and hit up our normal trendy spots; town hall to pay the utility bill, the post office for Mary and Child stamps, and his favorite locale, the library. The days have been bright and beautiful, but as soon as the sun starts to set, the temp. drops quickly and reminds me that I better go shopping for some long underwear soon (oh, didn't I tell you? -long underwear is sooo in this season).

Beautiful Sunday Lake has started forming a thin sheet of ice on-top. There are areas of open water and the overflow is still moving, but is noticeably slowing down.

Bacon and I took our pirate pumpkin friend and after removing his features, smashed him in the brush patch out back. If you're like me and still have a pumpkin on the porch and have an area where woodland creatures like to visit, smash your pumpkin and the little nibblers will make the most of this surprise treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment