Monday, March 15, 2010

Blogging is Like Taking a Walk, You Want to do It, but don't, Until You Start Feeling Fat






I wish I had more time to create and paint, but I don't and that's okay. I have the Bacon Bits literally running around causing oodles of fun and mayhem, plus have projects and projects to distract and keep me busy.
Right now, I just pulled my ever sensitive neck muscles crawling behind the computer tower to unplug one usb cord to plug in the camera's usb cord. What I got for you is nothing spectacular, but proof that I've been doing stuff, if not painting much at all. Was it worth the neck strain, maybe not, but I gotta show you something.

Two things:
One- Driftwood and fabric mail sorter, created for the sole purpose of getting all the loose papers off my kitchen counters.

Two- Brown vinyl reupholstered kitchen chair seats, using left over material from another project, because Bits kept dropping food on the fabric seats. I only have two chair seats done out of six and that doesn't include the chair backs, but I feel using a staple gun around a two year old is not such a good idea, so I do what I can when I can.

I've also started creating Easter table decor which I hope to share within the week, so if any of you want an idea to try to duplicate, you may still have time to do so.

And, I need to finish some paintings, oh, and rent a compound miter saw one of these weekends. I promise not to cut off a finger during the frenzy that is my life.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy Lou -

    I am your first cousin once removed (or something like that) - your dad and I are cousins. I am a photographer in Denver. Like your blog and artwork!! Here is mine.
    http://www.wedlake.com
    http://www.wedlake.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling fat? Ha ha. That MUST be why we blog. (Can I consult with you about headlines??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free consultations available ;)...I have to throw in a little humor (or at least what I think sounds kinda funny) and my headlines are honestly some of my mental running commentary...scary, eh?

    ReplyDelete