Friday, March 19, 2010

DIY Easter Table Centerpieces
















Double blog day, must mean I'm avoiding something: (a) dishes, (b) laundry, (c) vacuuming, or (d) all of the above.

Here's what will be in the center of my Easter table.

I revisited my Thanksgiving centerpiece ideas and researched what some crafters are doing themselves and added my own Amyness to it all.

What you'll need:
left over fabric
white felt
sticks
iron on fabric backing
glass bottles
ribbon
decorative paper
pebbles for inside bottles(optional, but may help keep sticks in set position)

Hot glue gun in hand and you're ready to go.

Using said glue gun, I covered bottles with inside out fabric (the pattern was more appealing that way) and tied loose ribbon around the necks.

I ironed on fabric backing to fabric scraps to make the fabric a tad bit stiffer, then hand sketched flower shapes and leaves onto the backs of the fabric and cut out the pieces.

Taking my white felt, I sketched out centers for flowers and again cut 'em all out.

I glued together all appropriate pieces and glued vintage book papers to the backs and cut to fit.

The larger flowers I ended up gluing two together (wrong side to wrong side), leaving a small opening on one side to slide onto a stick end and then glued them into place. The smaller flowers I left with paper backs showing and glued directly onto points on the sticks.

To add a touch of green to the arrangements to keep with my theme colors, I added vintage cards onto small dowel rods.

...And voila' you have an arrangement that cost next to nothing (literally, with all the scrap material in my fabric basket, I only spent 2 bucks for dowels and ribbon).
*If you plan to use my pattern, just click on the image above to get an 8"x10" image size.

No comments:

Post a Comment