Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm not Sure if I'm Ready for my Sandals Quite Yet















































The sun is staying up later and later into the evening and the temperature is warming up ever so slightly. Here we go again, bundling up and getting our walk on.
We've braved the chill here and there on evenings, but nothing like the regular amounts of walking we had been doing in the summer and fall. This evening it almost felt like we were getting the bounce back in our step and can sense spring is on its way.

We walked a little further than normally we do on these cold evenings, and I snapped a pic. made available from a hidden woodpecker.

My mind is jumping to summer by the lake as I look at these beach-esque snowy surfaces. The slow thaw is making some textured forms out of the built up ice and snow. A couple of these remind me of those rocks you can break open and find quartz hidden inside.

Again, what incredible sights awaiting to be seen if only we take the time to do so (including the sight of one bundled toddler with rosy cheeks and nose).

2 comments:

  1. I like the last picture the best! :) Hugs from Aunt Laurie to Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an eye for beauty! I love the light on the snow. Pretty! I am so looking forward to spring, yet I love the way the bare tree branches look in the evening light. I will miss that when the leaves come back. You have such a beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete