Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One More Done, A Daughting Many More to Do


Here's the latest piece. South Haven, MI Pier Catwalk. 12"x16" acrylic on canvas board.
I have three paintings currently being worked on simultaneously. My previous immediate goal was to complete 10 lighthouse paintings, and then take a break to do more inwardly driven, goal free artwork. Well, looking over my works list, I think I would feel more comfortable to create, let's see, 14 more in addition to the 5 I've recently finished, then take a break. All this to be done by mid-May, with a weekend given up to frame making.
Ahhh (literally, I just exhaled), will all this be done by my personal deadline? Only time will tell, but as all my history illustrates, most likely my goal will fall short, but still be impressive in itself.
Luckily, my husband overlooks the thin layer of dust and the carpet needing a good vacuuming (hey, at least the toilet and sinks are cleaned, and I just swept the floors). And don't worry mothers and grandmothers out there, I only paint while Bits is napping, or Daddy is on duty, but I do hope one day Bits can paint something while I paint something myself, and not have to worry about him eating the green paint.
*Remember you can see this piece and other work at www.michiganlighthouseart.com
and can click on the image above for an enlarged view.

No comments:

Post a Comment