Friday, March 26, 2010

If the Sky were a Paint Swatch, it'd be called U.P. Spring Blue























Originally this blog piece was going to be about temperatures warming up and the frozen lake reappearing in it's free moving form, but upon driving out to thrift stores, taking in the views of the sky, and letting my thoughts come and go, I realized there is no other area I'd like to be, for me, my son, my family.
The night before, Bits looked out the window and saw two deer walking through the front yard.
During the day, when he wasn't running, running, and running, he walked, face turned downward, searching for acorns (Mommy prefers to find pinecones, of course).
Yesterday, on our drive along US 2, a coyote (I think it may have been a wolf, but don't want to make such a strong claim) came walking across our driven path.
I was driving a little askew as my eyes and camera took in the pure sky. The shade of blue in the sky was so appropriate for the brisk spring U.P. day. I found fabric at the thrift store close to the exact color in the sky, it must have been saved for me to find.

It was one of those days, where I wasn't quite dressed for the temps., but the day itself made me think about all that this quiet area of the U.P. really has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Your blogs brighten my days! Love you! Aunt Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh Sunday Lake I presume. I only see it in late summer. Normally with speed boats on it. Sometimes we hit the same week the races are. So it's spring in the UP? No snow left on the ground? We are taking a short trip to Grand Marais the weekend after Easter. I have to have my LS fix. Thanks again Amy for your beautiful picturs and words. I do love seeing that gorgeous little boy of yours, even if I dont know him. Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your UP pictures. The first one is especially delicious. The UP is a great place to live! Even though it's not really spring yet...and the temps went back down to the 20's and 30's. We are lucky to be here, surrounded by water and wildlife. YES!

    ReplyDelete