Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trying to Fly without Feathers







Here's a painting I just finished on the fly. Painted the background in a dark teal color one afternoon and painted the figure in another afternoon. Yay to the return of Bit's nap time.

I created the piece for two reasons:
1) Any reason to take a break from painting lighthouses is a good reason, and
2) It will be (hopefully) included in a traveling show in the area put on by a local agency. April is Sexual Assault awareness month, with teal being the thematic color.

The figure is holding a "primary flight feather". Read into it what you may.

*(and no this is not a portrait of me, but try as I might, I always accentuate details of face, similar to my own)

3 comments:

  1. Amy, this is absolutely beautiful. You sure have a God given talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Trying to fly without feathers... I LOVE it, Amy. It is so cool. You are a very talented artist! Yep, just what Laurie said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic Amy! And I know who it is. ;)

    ReplyDelete