Tuesday, December 8, 2009

DIY Snowman Kit




With a snow storm on our heels, I thought I'd share a fun idea with y'all. I wanted Bits to have a snowman kit. I found a couple online and thought, "Hey, I can make something like that for less money." I'll share some basic (honestly, really basic) instructions on how to go about making your own.

What you'll need:

found at a thrift store (or raid your closet, I just couldn't spare any of my own mittens and hats-we live in the U.P. if case you forget):
hat
scarf
mittens

found at Dollar Tree:
fake carrot
bag of black pebbles (you could gather some of these at someplace like a Lake Superior beach and paint them black yourself, but come on who has the time, right?)

found at Walmart:
cookie pail (you could make or find a cloth bag with a winter print, but Bits saw this pail and I thought we'd splurge on the $2.50)

found in the backyard:
two sticks

Just about everything should fit in the pail or bag, minus the sticks. You'll need about 5 small pebbles for a mouth and two big pebbles for eyes. I also used 3 big pebbles for buttons, but if you have or can find three big buttons approximately 2-3", that would be extra sweet.

For more fun, I found a Daddy type hat and tie, and Baby type gloves to make a snowman family.

No comments:

Post a Comment