Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's so Cold when You're only Wearing One Glove






































I am always caught in amazement by the beauty that is all around us. My backyard is just spilling with simple beauty, and yesterday was no exception. The trees, weeds, and bushes were covered with a thick, icy frost. Everything wearing the same amount of a glistening shield; every needle of each pine tree branch, coated.

I ran out in the morning chill to capture images before the sun had its time to melt it all away. I caught myself just staring at the way the trees stood tall up into the blue winter sky, while my ungloved photography hand froze. Man, if we all could have time to just stand around and stare, attempting to take it all in, so engrossed that we forget entirely about the cold and the freeze against our skin. It's natural beauty like this that speaks in great volume of God's love for us!

As the daylight changed in the morning, so did the looks of the sky and trees. I had great views from the windows of our little rental home.

No comments:

Post a Comment