Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hey Amy! ---- Where are the Pics. of All your Snowmen




So here's the situation people: Our mission to create a family of snowmen in the front yard is yet to commence. Although we have received almost a foot of snow here in the north, it's all been powder. Powder is not conducive to snowman building. Bits and I have ventured out a couple times in our gear. As the snow builds up higher, it is noticeably more difficult for my short little man to trek through. The solution? "Walk in Mommy's tracks." Much easier for my marshmallow man to cross the backyard when the snow is already at his knee height.
Here's pics. of my fabulous new gift. The warmest and simultaneously coolest gloves around, hand made by the kindest neighbor. These are made out of re-purposed wool sweaters felted in the washer and sewn together with fleece lining and vintage buttons. I have three sweaters that were to see the trash can after moths used them for a quick lunch. Instead of giving these sweaters a new home at the local dump I'll be trying this pattern out myself sooner or later, so wish me luck and wish my still nice looking sweaters safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment