Wednesday, December 2, 2009

This is not our Christmas Card Photo


The snow is coming down light but steady. Like sifting powdered sugar over french toast, it layers quickly. The forecast for the next ten days calls for snow showers and temps at 25 degrees, each day, every day.

Bits and I had a million things to do yesterday and it left our day ever so eventful. Christmas card pic. done and printed. Pebbles and Lily really wanted to make it into our Christmas pic.; sorry girls, not this year. Cards will be mailed out today.

We dropped off donation items to St. Vincents. I found some great teal winter/ Christmas cloth napkins. Jealous? While we were there two older women (I think both volunteers) who clearly should have known to turn the other cheek, were arguing in the store for all to see and hear. Awkward and a little sad to see.

Any-who. We continued on to drop off recycling. Of course, some of the receptacles were closed and locked, so we got to keep some of our stuff for now.

We picked up pics. from Walgreens, paid rent at the Real Estate Store, and then went over to Kmart.

My goal: to pickup snow pants for myself. They were marked 40% off and although far from stylish, they will work well for playing with Bits outside and making snow angels. I don't think I've worn snow pants since probably sixth grade, so I look kinda funny. Mike thinks I should have bought the elastic waist pants, not the "farmer" style. I like them and am reassured snow won't end up going down my backside. (Side note: James, I think I've told lots of people about Luke's hand-me-down brown snowsuit you wore as a kid and your fond nickname for it.)

We made it home in time for Bits and Daddy to go for an evening walk and head over to watch basketball practice. Mommy stayed home to sign all the cards and put lights on our bush out front.

Grocery shopping and bottle return today and maybe snowman building this afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment