Thursday, December 10, 2009

Don't even Try Without Your 4WD


A bunch of you reading this got the same type of snow storm and winds we received up here. Mike's school was canceled.

We had a least one foot of snow to clear, if not two feet. Mike pulled out the snow blower, I watched inside, warm and toasty. Mike came in a couple times frustrated by the contraption. I blamed it less on the machine and more on the grass/cement combo driveway and the fact he was trying to push through two feet of snow. After steaming a little bit, he tried again with the snow blower and was much more appreciative when using it on the cement parking area and sidewalk next to the house. It clearly was not an easy job by any means, especially with the wind blowing all the shot out snow back onto Mike.

When Bits went down for his nap, I geared up and headed out to help. We hand dug out the driveway in front of the garage and the two porches on the house. By the time we completed clearing all of this, we had another two inches fallen on all our cleared areas. By this morning, drifting snow has put additional accumulation on the sidewalks and driveway. I'll try to tackle this while Bits takes today's nap.

I tried to make a run in the Jeep to the Post Office. With 4WD engaged, I made the short, treacherous journey into our small downtown. I pulled onto the P.O. street, and the parking was not cleared enough where I thought it'd be a good idea to stop (it'd be really silly to get stuck, just to drop off letters). So in essence, I risked my safety for a whole lotta nothing.

So, here's the deal. This snow seems almost appropriate for successful snowman building, but here's the new problem. The snow is so high, I think Bacon would get lost in it. I'm going to attempt to build a snowman (or two) and when they're built, bring him out to help put on their features.

No comments:

Post a Comment