Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Driftwood and Painted Fabric, Makes me Want to Throw Everything Aside and Run to the Lake
















My newest piece(s). First is a piece I created earlier, but had to make some modifications. Repurposed thrift store frame with painted fabric, frame dimensions: 16.5"x21.5". Following my Lake Superior Blues series. Making use of what you have and what you see.

The second piece is following along the lines of two of my previous driftwood fashioned frames with silk screen fabric inserts, frame dimensions: 18.5"x23". This piece is created specifically in mind of driftwood found along the shores of Lake Superior and of course utilizes that exact material. The Big Lake deposits driftwood on the beaches haphazardly, but the pieces pile up with some direction and almost seems purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment