Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Raining It's Snowing, The Baby is Sleeping


Oh, I know he's not really a baby baby anymore, but he's my baby and he still calls himself baby. Don't even try to call him Bupcake...he's "not bupcake...baby".
Anywho, it was raining and now it is snowing. It was bound to happen. The forecasters actually predicted this one correctly. When the UP gets 60s and even a couple 70 degree days in April, the cold air needs to have it's say once or twice more(hopefully no more than that).

Bits and I fed the crows left over macaroni and cheese (which they swooped in for quickly) and took time to put on froggy boots (Bits, not me) to get a bit of splashing in before the sprinkles transformed into cold, heavy white drops. Lift your chai tea in a toast to snow in May in the UP.

Oh, one more note. The transfer station where I take my recycling is currently no longer accepting recycling. They may start up again in the fall. My options are as follows:
a) pretend I'm a resident of Ironwood and drop it off at a designated location behind the police station
b) pretend I'm a resident of Hurley, WI and find where to drop it off there, or
c) find crafty uses for all my recyclables

Let's just say, I'm a crafter, thrifter, reuser, and repurposer through and through, but really, how many juice carton bird feeders does one person need? Heads up , don't laugh when some of you receive your Christmas gifts wrapped in cereal, pasta, and cracker boxes...I'm trying to save the environment here people.

2 comments:

  1. Our weekly recycling service will no longer take glass. I'm not up to doing crafts with that. :) Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I have a craft already done with glass...

    ReplyDelete