Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eh, only Eight more Lighthouse Paintings to do, but Who's Worried?

















If you can't tell by my double blogging today, I am trying my best to avoid starting more lighthouse paintings. I'm doing a great job at doing stuff, but not necessarily doing stuff I need to do. Bits is still napped out, and I used this time to finish some baby driftwood paintings. I took a little of this and a little of that from my other "Lake Superior Blues" paintings and made smaller, packable pieces, slightly easier on the wallet and small enough to take in a suitcase on a road trip (I know I always bring a piece of artwork with me when I go driving).

Two pieces at 9"x11" using found frames, thrift store fabric, and my signature materials of blue paint, rounded off driftwood pieces, and roots. The blue is actually two shades worked wet on wet directly related to our recent trip to Black River Harbor. There were the slightest variations of blue bands in the sky that day and what my camera couldn't capture, my eye absorbed and imprinted the color. I think my world is meant to be lived in shades of blue.












No comments:

Post a Comment