Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I almost Lost my Boots Getting you These Pics, so you Best Appreciate



























































It's cold, but not too cold, snowy, but not too snowy, and gray, but not too gray. A pretty average U.P. day. Bits had a wellness appt. and on the drive along U.S. 2, I noticed a woman in her late 60s/early 70s bundled and running a snow blower along her driveway. You know what my first thought was? I wanna be her when I grow up. Second thought? I really like her snow blower.

The day was pretty good for the boy formerly known as "Cranky Babes". Unfortunately, I don't think he quite knows his world is about to chance (for the better). He's gonna have to quit the paci and drop the pants to learn to use the potty. To prepare my Baconator, I buttered him up with a clearance Take-Along Thomas toy and splurged for a big boy Thomas toilet seat. It's going to be a bumpy ride, I'm sure, but he'll appreciate it when he's 20 and not still sucking on a paci and peeing in a diaper.

A few of you wanted pics of snow depth. About 22" the yard stick reads, but I warn you this is in an average spot, not like the front yard which gets all the sidewalk and driveway snow shot out from the snow blower. I snapped a few fun pics and am mentally preparing myself for my next three lighthouse paintings involving, rust, paint, and bolts (hence the attraction to rusty painted bolts, covered in snow).

Don't say I never gave you anything. I nearly lost the boots off my feet when plunging through the snow, and I had to do a whole new pants, fresh socks exchange when I got inside.

2 comments:

  1. You want to be that snow-blowing lady when you grow up! And you want her snowblower...funny. Good luck with that potty training (smile) and am thinking I should go outside with a ruler and measure our snow, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was sure the yard stick was going to say three feet, but oh well...good luck with your new blog site, I'll have to peek in on that one too!

    ReplyDelete