Saturday, February 13, 2010

We all Share the Same Sun
















Look around and I can see the colors changing around me. From different professors, I was taught to look deeper, and see the true colors in an object, form, or landscape. Now surrounded by the beauty that is the U.P., I find myself catching all these colors and their changes throughout the day.
If you've been to our modest rental home, you know that we have a spectacular view, which I appreciate every day. I have to say I'm a couch potato, not that I sit and sit with the T.V. on (but, then, I do have those moments), but I sit and sit looking out the window.

When the sun comes up in the morning, the snow is tye dyed in blues and purples as the warm sun splatters it's compliments. As the sun sets in the evening, the sun streaks colors across the clouds and bounces those same colors against anything white or reflective. Yesterday, the icicles on the eaves absorbed some of this color play and I found myself taking it all in as the sun slipped away.

3 comments:

  1. Amy, great photos! Just so you know, we are sharing in your weather patterns down in Kalamazoo right now. Here's a couple photos I just took as well. ;)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paladin27/sets/72157623426448038

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man!...I really want a camera like your's the clarity is awesome!...do not envy...do not envy...do not envy...Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There may be some post processing applied to sharpen the image. ;-)

    But, save your pennies and buy a used one! These cameras come down in value a LOT after they are out for a year or two.

    ReplyDelete