Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Tried my Hand at Mitten Making





































In a previous post, I shared pics. of some great gloves my neighbor had kindly madefor me from shrunken sweaters and vintage buttons. They are the most wonderful, warmest, fleece lined, winter necessities a snow-blowing/ ice shoveling girl could ever want.

She graciously shared with me her pattern and materials, so I could try to make some myself. Four pairs later and I cannot believe the time that was involved in each one, but they're like completing a painting, well worth the time once you see the finished product. Two pairs for my mother-in-law, one pair for my own Momma, and one surprise pair for one regular reader out there.

Sorry to some of you who may be hoping this surprise pair will arrive in your own mailbox. I'll tell ya what though: now that I know I can eventually get four pairs done and actually trun out pretty good, maybe I'll make a few more as gifts for Christmas, but I better start now, if I hope to finish by year's end.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I have been so busy that I haven't been able to see you posts the last few days. What fun. Especially the finds you get. I love these mittens and hope that mine will turn out as well. However, the fact that they took you a long time has me worried. It has been snowing here all day. I wish I could find some neat pictures of lower MI to share with you.

    ReplyDelete