Friday, January 22, 2010

The Door Knob is Rusty but Still Turns


This is what I have in my inventory: Two black gessoed 18"x24" stretched canvases, two 18"x24" white gessoed stretched canvases, two 18"x24" canvas boards (why that size-not quite sure), and two 14"x16" canvas boards. What I need: a few 16"x20" stretched canvases, and a good number of 12"x16" canvas boards. I went to Ben Franklins, yes we have a Ben Franklins, and sadly was disappointed by the art material supplies available.
It is time to get back on the lighthouse painting horse and compile, hopefully, ten more before my next show in June. Ten paintings in 16 weeks, entirely possible, but I do always underestimate the actual time needed to complete a painting; and let's not even mention making ten frames. I think I need to once again hit up my online art supply source and start getting into the groove. I'll keep you all posted on progress and throw in some pics of your favorite Bacon Bits to keep you all happy.

*disclaimer: This is a random reference photo I took in Grand Haven a year or so ago and would love, love, love to do a painting of, but alas, it must wait 'til all the lighthouses on my list are done, or I need a fun painting diversion...which ever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment