Saturday, January 23, 2010

Zamboni for Dinner











Syl's Cafe only takes cash and checks . It's that kind of place where their customers know to bring money and out of towners better use the ATM down the street. But that's ok, that's one of the things that makes this place great. It is what it is: a diner, a cafe, dare say, a greasy spoon. The decor is mismatched from different eras and the seating is nothing fancy, but I'm getting to the good part. The food is great, the prices are more than fair, and they actually sell you bakery items to go, I'm talking cookies here, people, after your tummy is too full to eat more. Bit's kids meal came in a Zamboni machine paper box. My pasty was the largest I had yet seen, and Mike's burger was his main thought for the day. The sliced pickles garnish were actually good tasting pickles and the waitress was set to make sure Mike's coffee kept on coming. Mike loves this place and as I finish my reheated leftovers here at home, I think I may just like it a little too much too.

*Syls' Cafe is located in Ontonogan, close by after you have finished hiking near Lake of the Clouds in the Porkies.

1 comment:

  1. They should pay you up there for all your good reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete