Friday, January 29, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance Viewing of a Dock


Here's a pic of the painting I worked on for Dr. Don's Christmas gift. It's been done since Thanksgiving, but I am so unreliable when it comes to photographing my work. Don made a custom frame for it and graciously took pics of it so I could share with you all. The image is from a June day at Trout Lake, right as a storm front was moving out.

The painting is on a 30"x40" stretched canvas. I had a little trouble finding a store that carried that size of canvas over in this part of the U.P., so my lovely Utrecht art supply online site had it at shipped it at a great price. It even arrived in about 2 days (awesome, I know). Surprisingly, this piece only took about a week and a half to do with lots of Daddy and Baby time to help Mommy finish.

Now if only I could give the same energy and attention to a little 'ol 14"x18" lighthouse painting. Ten more of these bad-boy lighthouse paintings, and I am taking a serious break and focusing on organic landscapes!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of the painting is the opposite shore line/horizon line. It has to be viewed in person, to fully grasp it's coolness, but that horizon line is so fluid, but so exact and grounds the painting perfectly.

    ReplyDelete