Saturday, January 9, 2010

The U.P. Blues





























A sad realization.

Apparently, I'm getting old. A lot of you readers are gonna say I don't know what old is, but let me just whine for a moment.

I noticed some fine lines (the nicer terminology for wrinkles) around by eyes a few weeks back; shocking,but inevitable. I carried on with my life and did not run out to the store to buy any eye creams or anti-aging agents. But yesterday was a real whammy. One lone, gray hair. I thought I had noticed one or two a while back, but was pretty sure it was just one of my lighter blond hairs in my dirty blond mess of a head, but this one is the real deal. I held it up against a black sweater and confirmed it's existence. Silver, as in gray, as in me growing gray hair from my head.
I'm embracing it well, though. I like to think of myself as slightly nature girl/meets hippie/meets city gal...and hippies and nature girls don't usually hide their grays. So no dying of the hair for me, just another badge of honor as I continue through this place.


I drove to Ewen this morning to have the Jeep checked out before our warranty expires and just loved the drive out there and back. Where else in Michigan can you drive for miles and miles with nothing but trees to either side of you. The sun came out today and gave us a brighter attitude and blinding, sparkling snow. If I hadn't been driving I would have taken more pics, but for my safety as well as others on the road I only took a few (hey, I couldn't not take pics of the gorgeous sky just because I happened to be behind the wheel of a moving vehicle---no reprimanding emails, please).

*disclaimer: The title does not indicate that I have depression in any way shape or form. It refers to the blue skies I so dearly love, and can't seem to stop staring at. I'm starting a new grouping of photos, and then hopefully paintings of my most favorite blue skies.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Just had to share this. We bought Bits some markers yesterday and guess what, he's a natural. I think I was pushing too hard with the crayon thing and the whole coloring deal. He's not a drawer, he's a painter! Awww!

    ReplyDelete