Monday, January 18, 2010

Even Driftwood needs to be Organized
















We have been blessed by incredibly warm days. I'm talking temps in the mid to high 30s here, people. I have to brace myself, because I'm sure there's going to be a frigid slap in the face of snow coming. Until then, we're making the most of the weather. I always find myself more artistically productive and type A intense when the weather is so friendly. Here's pics of my newest driftwood piece along with more of my blue U.P. skies.

We took a walk in the evening yesterday after working on a fun surprise (more on that tomorrow). I am still unable to walk without stopping once or twice to stare at all the stars in the sky. Without the problem of city lights outshining stars, we can gaze at the millions provided there's a clear sky. Unfortunately, I can only find Orion's belt (I knew a few more when I was younger, and yes I currently can't locate the Big or Little Dipper), but hopefully after a visit to the library and brushing up on some astronomy, I can star gaze a little better and point out more to our little star gazer.





3 comments:

  1. It truly is amazing how many more stars you can see when you are away from city lights. It is one of the things I love most about being on the shores of The Lake. Identifying summer constellations. I would love to see it in the winter. I'm sure it is as totally awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a field guide for star gazing, and now looking at the maps, I think I may or may not have accurately sighted Orion's Belt. I'll have to take the guide outside with a flashlight and confirm whether I was initially right or wrong :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent many a night with a flashlight and a book gazing at the sky trying to locate things. Once you find them though it's great to be able to look up there and actually know what you are looking at. Of course there's so many, how would you ever know them all

    ReplyDelete