Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cheap Art and Rain




It's cold and rainy...and cold and rainy...oh...and cold and rainy. Luckily, we finished up raking yesterday evening and enjoyed fried eggplant pizzas for dinner...ask later.

Today was a library day for Nathan and I, and other than playing around the house and doing a bunch of rounds of "Ring Around the Rosie", the day was pretty uneventful.

But rather than go on and on about my blah day, check out my etsy site via the link to the right. I've posted new items with recession friendly prices. I am in no way saying anyone needs to purchase anything from me, I just like to share my projects with y'all, but I am going to jump on the soapbox for one brief consideration:

I've recently been obsessed with etsy items and have bought a few items from these sellers for gifts. We all will have Christmas gifts to buy this year and may not have as much of the mullah because of the weak economy. If you are struggling for ideas for this person or that, peruse the etsy sight and search by price or keyword or both. Buying from etsy can help buy "made in America" products from artists who can turn almost 100% of that income around back into our economy.

I understand Walmart and such can beat out many places on price, but etsy items are some of the most unique, creative gifts and aren't made in China (unless the seller is from China).

No comments:

Post a Comment