Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Painting and Tedious Raking


I haven't really had much time because of the move, the new school year for Mike, and keeping up with outdoor yard work to do much artwork. I was commissioned from Mike's aunt to do a painting as a gift for her son's host family in Spain. We looked at a few reference images and settled on this image originally photographed by my dad. With it's Michigan connection and more specifically Greater Kalamazoo connection, we agreed it would make a nice piece.
How I love fall leaves. Most of the leaves have fallen from the trees, especially with the help of heavy strong winds yesterday. I had just raked 5 huge tarp filled piles and dragged them, one by one, up the small hill to deposit in the weed patch last Wednesday. I was rewarded with 3 nice blisters.

Well, here we go again, but this time Mike has agreed (make that, formally committed) to raking the side and back yard, and I will again do the front yard, hopefully with less trips up the hill and no blisters to speak of. It's good exercise and gives a nice feeling of accomplishment when finished, but I need to have a word with the trees across the street about their constant need to send the leaves our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment