Sunday, October 4, 2009

There is a Happy Deer out There...Somewhere


We went to the homecoming game, in the rain, yesterday afternoon. It was tons of fun. Nopus was bundled from head to toe, but he and Mommy had to return home at about half time, when our gloves were soaked through. He had a great time eating popcorn with Mommy and rainy cupcakes with Daddy. There's nothing like cheering on your team wearing yellow, Michigan ponchos that crinkle in your ear with every rain drop.

I have some sad news: It's still raining, the mums are soggy, and there is a happy deer with a full belly of yellow mums and greenery. The deer must have seen the salad bar when we were away Friday night for the Pep rally and thought: mmmm, dessert. The sneaky lady tasted the pink mum, but preferred yellow, less carbs I assume. Normally, I love seeing these pretty, sleek deer, but if they want to eat my mums, I may have to tip off the local hunters. They already ate my impatiens when we were down state. Now they've gone too far and messed with my fall decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment