Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Protector and Poo-Very Exciting Subjects


Ignore the fact that I haven't posted in a couple days, and I'll continue on as if I have. As I warned everyone, I'm much less interesting without a visitor around to go exploring with, but now you get more pics. of Bacon Bits which everyone loves anyhow. Let's update: the park has all the swings taken down now for the winter, frost and snow have just about put an end to my mums, and the geese have taken over the park.

We now have a pumpkin pirate (thanks to Nana). My hope is that it may serve more than decorative purposes and act as a scarecrow for deer, in a futile effort to save the last of the mums.

We bundled up and went to the park yesterday afternoon. The geese are now in control of that area and use a form of poo-warfare. Very gross and very effective. I don't back down easily and after Bacon made a valiant effort to "watch out for the poopy", I had to realize my defeat and face the fact that there were going to be two pairs of shoes to wash down when we returned home. Dirty shoes are one thing, but when your boy trips on his toddler feet and falls right on a couple pieces of poo, that's when the geese have gone too far. We will be playing in the backyard until the geese fly South (or North?-they are Canadian), you win this time geese and have made spot #1 of my animal enemy list.

No comments:

Post a Comment