Friday, October 30, 2009

Drift Wood and Pine Cones











I came up with a use for some of my drift wood pieces and pine cones. I've painted the pine cones in three different shades of green and tied a gray grosgrain ribbon onto them through a screw eye. I found these neat playing cards via etsy and added two different vintage papers to them and attached a gray grosgrain ribbon as well. Green is in ya know...and I'm loving drift wood right now.

So I made up a bunch of them and good news for you. If people don't fully grasp their coolness as much as I do, they may end up gifted to some of you. Now don't cringe, they're not that bad really. Best yet, you could always re-gift them next year.

I may or may not admit to having three currently hanging in my house. This could be because I needed to photograph them, but they do look good grouped together, and look good in a living room, kitchen, or dining room.

By the way, I was not silly enough to use those big type of pine cones that are all sappy and sticky---these are the cute little chubby pine cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment