Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hey Deer...It's On Like Donkey Kong











Um-hmm. You can guess what my title's about. The deer have declared war by their actions. They finished off the yellow mum, ate half of the pink one next to it, ate half of the pink one on the front left flower bed, and ate a fourth of the one on the right. Ohhhhh...and they nibbled on my rose of sharon saplings. I love the U.P.; I loathe the deer. I believe at this point in my flower protection frustration, I could take a deer in hand to hoof combat. Bring it on furry friend, bring it on.
On another, less violent note. We went to Presque Isle in the Porcupines today. We had a brief scare with slushy rain coming down when we left, but it cleared up to a bright, cold sunny day. We took the short path to get to the bridge and Lake in the park. When we came out off the woods onto the shoreline of "The Big Lake", we found piles of driftwood covering the rocky beach. Mr. Xenopus threw his pebbles into the water and Mommy successively skipped three separate stones (yay me!).

Dad thoughtfully carried a fantastic piece of driftwood back to the car for me, and then did a separate return trip for three additional pieces. He only had to walk up the 100 steps from the bridge twice. What a great Dad! I'm thinking of using the driftwood to paint simple, almost abstract lake scenes on...or maybe if nothing else, use 'em to spank those deer with. I'll let you know what I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment