Thursday, October 22, 2009

So What if Grand Haven had Temps in the Low 60s

What a beautiful nature sight! The rain turned to slush, the slush turned to snow, and the snow came down like cotton balls resting like crocheted doilies on the grass and trees. The big pines provided a canopy over their portions of the grass and created huge untouched circles beneath them.

As I was taking in this elegant display of snow, two deer came walking into the backyard eating acorns beneath the trimmed up pines. They moved behind a wall of fluffy snowflakes.

I considered taking photos to share, but I hesitated with the idea of scaring them off by opening our back kitchen door that always sticks. I decided to take it all in for my memory alone.

Oh and if that isn't enough, earlier in the day I caught sight of an impressive red headed woodpecker on the trunk of one of the pines. I had never seen a woodpecker so close (if ever), although I've heard them knocking in the yard to the point where I had to open the door and peer out to see if the UPS man was at the door (he wasn't).

The snow is already melting down into clumps and will probably be nothing more than soggy, muddy soil by day's end, but for now the big pine created circles are still in their place in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment