Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Three Rakes and a Lasagna Ought to Do It




We came, we saw, we raked, we leaved (pardon my English-"left"). We had a family fun activity of raking leaves yesterday evening. Really, it was fun! Mike had the job of raking all the leaves onto a tarp to transport them up the little hill, I raked neat rows piles together, and Bacon kinda sorta helped too. Bits had the most fun helping Mommy and Daddy pull the tarp up the hill and pile the leaves higher and higher.

"All this raking and done by 7:30" -Mike.

I actually walked away without blisters, but I think that may be because the old blister spots are turning into callouses. Oh no- not the dreaded man hands!

I love looking at the lawn and seeing the grass freshly combed through. It's equivalent to the feeling of looking at a completely vacuumed carpet.

Mike must have enjoyed himself too. He has plans for all of us to head out back when he gets home to finish up the job. If you enjoy your raking adventures: "Leave" your comment/story below (tee-hee-hee, I am too puny today).




1 comment:

  1. Sunday evening I raked the front yard, and had fun covering my dog in the leaves. Unfortunately, there weren't too many to clean up since my tree is only leaking leaves. I'm praying for a huge windstorm that blows the rest down (and into the neighbors yard... Luckily for us our neighbors on the west side don't have trees!)

    ReplyDelete