Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Pumpkins are Hibernating for the Winter


Snow is all over the ground this morning, about an inch. Our mission today: gear up and play at the park regardless of the snow. If I ignore the fact that it's only the 13th of October, the news of snow is no big deal, so I'll act as such. The trees are pretty with snow resting atop fall colored leaves.

Here's an environment conscientious idea that's easy to do: try purchasing and then using dye free/perfume free laundry detergent, dryer sheets, and dish soap. I'm not saying you have to go to your local co-op; you can find these products right next to other detergents in the appropriate isle at the supermarket. It's better for your skin if you have sensitivity issues, and it's better for the environment after it ventures into the unknown world down the drain.

*(side note) The pic. is from yesterday, there is more snow on the ground and pumpkins than pictured

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy - This is Beth Richards - Laurie Voss is a very dear friend of mine - I got your blog adress from her Facebook comment. Your blog and your pictures make me homesick for the Little Girl's Point, Ironwood area. We have been camping out at the point since I was 11. Every year for 43 years. It is a piece of me. I feel l like I have come home each and every time I go back. My dad was born and raised in Ironwood. My Grandpa worked in the iron mines. I will make sure to follow your postings. It will make me feel just a little closer to the Lake. Enjoy it all you can. How did you end up in Wakefield? Sunday Lake is always a welcome sight coming south on M28. It means we are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth! That's great that you know the area so well and of course love it. My husband loves Little Girl's Point...we'll have to venture back up there before it gets too cold. We took a few picnics to the bluff after church on a couple Sundays. I'm just absorbing all this nature and loving it...keep commenting...I love hearing from people, especially with such a connection to the area.

    ReplyDelete